Monday 27 June 2016

Cashback

Cashback: 2006

IMDB: 2006

Cast: Sean Biggerstaff (as Ben Willis), Emilia Fox (Shannon Pintey)

The movie is basically is about making the small moments of life better. Ben has some kind of superpower. He can slow down the time or stop it entirely. It helps him see the beauty in some moments. He is an artist so he always finds a way to see the beauty in everything, even in small particles of dust floating in the air. It all starts when he was young. As a kid, he adored the female body so he started drawing it. Later on, he has a girlfriend named Suzie. He was in love with her when she breaks up with him. He feels sad and doesn't know what to do without her, so a bit randomly, he signs up for a job at a supermarket. He meets a girl there and notices the beauty in every move of her. Overall, it is about realising the beauty that you won't notice normally.

Personal Thoughts: I would've loved to be able to do what Ben can do because some moments really need to be looked at closely. For example, the moment you have everything and you're simply happy is a moment Ben considers. After I watched this movie, I've been trying to memorise the moments I was happy and it works. It made me a lot more positive than I used to be. Remembering the beauty in things makes it infinite, and I think this is what Ben does throughout the movie. Ben is an emotional character. He's shy and a little bit quiet. I really like that he can find something beautiful in everything. For example, when he was a child, he thought the girl with the hairy arm was beautiful. He didn't think she was disgusting. Also when Suzie was in bed with him, he even realised the beauty of the dust that became visible with light. I like how artists' minds work. Shannon said the same thing to Ben too. That's why I like her character, she's sweet. I think she's very beautiful. The ending of the movie was a bit cliché, but still, I liked it. I liked the bit where Shannon got to see how he sees her. It was really beautiful.

                                                                             quotes



                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment