Tuesday 21 June 2016

Secret Window

Secret Window: 2004

IMDB: 6.6

Cast: Johnny Depp (as Mort Rainey)

The story is originally taken from one of Stephen King's books, "secret window". As you can imagine, it's kind of a horror movie but not really. It's about a writer, Mort, who copies his work form someone else. He thinks that the original writer of the book follows him and unless he confesses, he'll kill him. He never gets the chance to prove it to the police but deep down, he knows that he's being followed. The man breaks into his house and even kills his dog. Mort can't prove what the man did to him because if he does that, he has to confess what he did. I don't want to give any spoiler so I'll pass the best part of it. Ps: don't read my personal thoughts. There's a spoiler.

Personal Thoughts: It was awesome. At first I thought of completely different things but the ending was... well... not what I expected:) Mort always looks for this guy and then it turns out that he is that guy. It was really surprising for me that he was schizophrenic. I can't imagine the scenes where he trashes up the whole house he lives in and then calls the cops to find the guy who did that. The scene where he realised he was crazy was pretty scary but also well played. Johnny Depp really did a good job in this one. Also the last scene was good too. I liked the idea that they've ended the movie with a scene related to the name.

                                                                       quotes




No comments:

Post a Comment